Overhead Fall Protection Systems For Railcar & Truck Loading
Overhead horizontal lifelines provide the most customizable pass-through fall protection in the world. This is particularly important for our clients who service different types and sizes of railcars and trucks.
Single Span Systems
Single span systems are economical, cable-based, stainless steel fall arrest systems that provide fall protection for up to three users for 200 feet.
Our multi-span system accommodates horizontal, inclined, curved and vertical requirements, allowing a user to travel unlimited lengths without having to disconnect and re-connect to the system.
Horizontal Lifeline Installation
Thanks to the flexibility of FLS, our engineers are able to develop and install both single and multi-span flexible horizontal lifelines that accommodate all your protocols. With these systems, multiple workers have the ability to safely and efficiently access the entire length of any truck or railcar.
Overhead Cable System Features
- Unique and patented overhead shuttle unit glides freely over intermediate cable guides to enable continuous protection over the entire length of the system
- Built-in user-friendly tension indicator
- Simple and economical installation
- Serial numbering of all components
- Single span lengths of up to 200 feet
- Unlimited length multi-span systems
- In-line energy absorber to reduce end loads
- All-weather use for optimum productivity
Railcar/Truck Overhead Horizontal Lifelines Case Studies
Encore Wire – Overhead Horizontal Lifelines
Flexible Lifeline Systems designed, engineered, and installed one 140′ Overhead Horizontal Lifeline on gallows. Encore Wire installed foundations based on Flexible Lifeline Systems’ design and anchor bolts.
Katoen Natie – Overhead Horizontal Lifelines
FLS designed, fabricated, and installed gallows with connected overhead horizontal lifeline systems. These systems allow Katoen employees to safely access the tops of bulk railcars.
Overhead Horizontal Lifelines Fall Protection Photo Gallery
Cable Based Fall Safety Solutions
Select below for more information about specific cable based safety solutions.