Interested in a career in fall protection?
Flexible Lifeline Systems is a leading provider of innovative fall protection solutions with an impressive reputation in the industry. Experience the rewards and challenges of working for a company focused on the safety of our workforce and protecting those exposed to fall hazards.
Below is a list of current openings at FLS:
Job Title: Inside Sales and Marketing Representative
Location: Houston, TX
Reports to: VP of Sales
Direct Reports: none Travel: 5%
The Inside Sales and Marketing person has responsibility for developing customer relationships in the USA market. The Customer Service person will work directly with the VP of Sales, the Marketing Manager and Territory Sales Managers to increase sales, develop customer accounts, improve marketing efforts and execute business strategy. The Inside Sales and Marketing person has responsibility for handling the day-to-day sales activity with existing customers and new prospects. This person will also work with the VP of Sales to define and develop proactive sales activity.
This position is critical to maintaining long-lasting customer relationships and will prove pivotal in the continued growth of Flexible Lifeline Systems Inc. The position requires a results oriented professional capable of multi-tasking and detailed follow through.
The Inside Sales and Marketing person will –
- Be ready and willing to answer incoming sales calls and product order inquiries
- Prepare, send and close small product order quotes.
- Place outbound sales calls to prospective customers to generate new business opportunities.
- Assist in the follow-up of leads and opportunities on an as needed basis
- Assist in identifying indirect sales opportunities and potential markets and partners to increase product sales as part of normal interaction with customers.
- Work with Outside Sales team to achieve the annual business plan.
- Work with Marketing Manager to update brochures, literature and cut sheets.
- Coordinate and execute other assigned business developments activities such as email campaigns.
- Be part of a team that builds a relationship focused, proactive team in customer service area
- Perform other specific tasks as requested by the VP of Sales and other company Directors
- Minimum 2 year AS degree in Business, Sales, Communications, Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Previous Sales Experience required or experience that exemplifies excellent communication skills in a business-to-business setting.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written as well as verbal)
- Self-motivated, individual contributor and team player
- Able to learn & adapt in a growing environment
- Ability to use MS-Office software tools and CRM business systems.
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management software and tools.
- Adobe Photoshop.
Job Title: Warehouse Coordinator
Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Warehouse Coordinator assists in all areas of inventory preparation, monthly inventory counts, material handling, housekeeping, job staging, facility safety, shipping and receiving, or any combination of the above
Key Functions and Expectations:
The primary responsibility of the Warehouse Coordinator is to perform essential tasks required to fulfill needs of the manufacturing, sales, and operations teams. Duties and tasks include but are not limited to packaging shipments, material handling, physical inventory counts, receiving goods, and order picking. It is essential that the Warehouse Coordinator be present and accounted for as work hours require.
Essential Job Duties:
The following is a list of general duties performed by this position on a regular basis.
- unload incoming shipments
- check in coming shipment’s physical quantity against paperwork
- stage materials at work location based on production schedules
- supply raw materials to production when requested
- load outgoing shipments
- preparation of materials for shipment
- material storage organization
- material staging / order picking per project requirements
- physical inventory counts as per selected cycles
- facility housekeeping
- palletizes and shrink wraps goods for mobilization
- toolbox check out/in per requirements of the job
- moves or carries raw and finished materials
- communicate daily with Supply Chain and other personnel
- maintain and foster a safe and compliant workspace.
- must have excellent forklift operation skills
- must have excellent overhead crane operation skills
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimal 3 years warehouse experience
- Certified forklift operator current (or previous and ability to obtain)
- Must be able to understand written or verbal instructions
Communicate well with others.
- Basic math skills are required
- Must be able to apply common sense to instructions
- Follow task out to completion
- Must be able to perform in standard situations with little or no guidance.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications
- MS Work
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- enter receipts into accounting software package
Certification, Licensing, or Registrations
- Forklift Operator Certification
Position, though usually within the confines of an enclosed warehouse, requires work out in the elements. Temperatures, as well as humidity, fluctuate in accordance with the season. Some outside work will be required as well. Warehouse Coordinator can be exposed to direct sunlight, high winds, rain, and extreme heat during the summer months
Warehouse Coordinator will work with and around moving machinery (forklifts and over-head cranes).
At any time, Warehouse Coordinator may need to enter the fabrication shop where noise levels range from moderate noise (indoor office noise) to very loud (gasoline engines, metal fabrication). HEARING PROTECTION IS REQUIRED. There is also a risk on eye injury caused by flying particles within the shop. EYE PROTECTION IS REQUIRED. Material moving via overhead crane also poses head injury dangers. HARD HAT IS REQUIRED. Safety shoes are required as well due to the risk of foot injury from falling materials in the shop and warehouse.
Warehouse Coordinator is required to stand or walk about 85% of the time. He/She will be required to sit, kneel, crouch, stoop, and/or crawl. Warehouse Coordinator is required to use his/her hands for a variety of tasks including, but not limited moving materials, operating forklifts, carrying boxes, etc.
Warehouse Coordinator is required to lift boxes, totes, and finished fabrications. Approximately 75% of the time, boxes, totes, and finished fabrications which are handled by hand, weigh 50 lbs. or less. However, at times he/she will be required to lift up to 80 lbs. without excessive strain.