Interested in a career in fall protection?
Flexible Lifeline Systems is a leading provider of innovative fall protection solutions with an impressive reputation in the industry. Experience the rewards and challenges of working for a company focused on the safety of our workforce and protecting those exposed to fall hazards.
Below is a list of current openings at FLS:
Job Title: Territory Manager
Locations: Southern California
Selling to Save Lives!
Flexible Lifeline Systems, the industry leader in turnkey fall protection solutions, is seeking an experienced sales professional to join our team as a Territory Manger.
Fall Protection is the fastest growing segment in the personal protective equipment market. Recent updates and changes to OSHA regulations ensure continued market growth for many years to come.
The ideal candidate will have solution based sales experience including design, engineering, fabrication and installation.
Why Flexible Lifeline Systems?
- A generous amount of company provided leads.
- Competitive base salary plus commission.
- Lucrative commission structure for unlimited income potential.
- Experienced internal resources dedicated to supporting your efforts.
- Well established industry leader.
- Small company environment with big company infrastructure.
What makes this job awesome?
As a regional territory manager you will call directly on and visit customer sites in a wide array of unique industries very few get to experience. Some of these include:
- Aircraft manufacturing and maintenance hangars servicing fighter jets to massive cargo planes.
- Manufacturing facilities that make everything from guns to toilet paper.
- Underground freezer storage facilities to the tops of skyscrapers.
- Transportation and maintenance facilities for buses, trains, trucks and even space ships.
You will work hand in hand with the safety and management professionals at these Fortune 1000 companies to collaboratively develop unique fall protection solutions to ensure their employees go home safe each day.
- Call on and sell our fall protection solutions to fortune 1000 companies in the industrial, aviation and commercial markets as well as related government and military clients.
- Meet assigned targets for total sales and gross margin.
- Develop strong business relationships within all levels of organizations, including senior level management.
- Develop and execute individual business development plan.
- Promptly action on inbound leads.
- Efficiently qualify new leads.
- Aggressively pursue all assigned opportunities.
- Perform ANSI compliant fall hazard surveys
- Regularly travel in designated territory performing site visits and customer consultations to determine solutions and obtain detailed information for estimates and proposals.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates and technical proposals.
- Maintain CRM database of assigned leads and opportunities.
- Follow FLS sales process.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals.
- Attend networking and tradeshow events
- Travel: 30%-40% overnight
Desired Skills and Experience
Basic Qualifications –
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years sales experience or, in lieu of education, 6+ years of related sales experience preferably in the safety or industrial fields.
- Proven track record of professional success.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, CRM systems, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical and detail oriented problem solving skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of fall protection solutions, regulations and/or construction processes.
- Professional Sales Training.
- Read construction drawings, take measurements and prepare to scale hand or AutoCAD sketches for estimating.
- Employee must be able to lift, climb (including above average heights), move, pull and transport at least 25 lbs regularly and up to 50 lbs maximum infrequently.
- At customer sites the employee may be required to wear personal protective equipment including steel toe boots, hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection and/or respirators.
About this company
FLS offers a casual but fast paced work environment with a competitive salary plus unlimited commission potential, major medical, and vacation days.
Flexible Lifeline Systems is the premier fall protection solution provider in North America. By utilizing our in house engineering, drafting, fabrication, manufacturing and installation capabilities, FLS provides fall protection solutions to the military, industrial, aviation and commercial markets.
The Field Services Technician will represent Flexible Lifeline Systems in a professional and courteous manner to our clients during the consultation, inspection, and repair of existing engineered safety systems and the related equipment.
The primary responsibility of the Field Services Technician is to perform essential tasks required to fulfill needs of customers to ensure that existing engineered safety systems and equipment are compliant, functional, and maintained for continued use. Duties and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Represent Flexible Lifeline Lines in a professional and courteous manner
- Inspect various types of Fall Protection Systems in customer facilities
- Repair systems as necessary based on findings from inspection services
- Be the on-site liaison between the customer and the Field Svc Project Manager
- Complete required documentation as necessary for the services provided
- Travel within designated regions, nationwide, or internationally as required.
- The following is a list of general duties performed by Field Services Technician on a regular basis.
- Inspect, repair (as needed), and certify various engineered safety systems.
- Offer post service recommendations for other services offered by Flexible Lifeline system which are system upgrades, equipment upgrades, training and other relevant services
- Maintain a pre-determined level of parts and tools in the assigned service van
- Accurately complete and process applicable paperwork related to the services provided
- Communicate with the Field Service Advisor any action items that might be required during or post inspection
- Comply with all applicable safety protocols set forth by the customer
- Meet schedules as set forth by the customer and Field Services Project Manager
- Investigate and look for other areas of safety deficiency within the customer site and generate leads that the Sales Department can follow up on
- Up-sell or make upgrade recommendations to the customer based on findings from the initial inspection service
- Extensive travel driving (regionally) or flying (nationwide)
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 5 years of construction or industrial type work
- Clean and clear driving record
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and extensive background checks to obtain access to various customer sites
- Must be able to read, understand and implement product engineering drawings
- Must have a working knowledge of general installation and measuring tools
- Must be able to understand written or verbal instructions
- Communicate well with others verbally
Basic math skills are required
- Must be able to apply common sense to multi-step instructions
- Must be able to follow task out to completion
- Must be able to perform in standard situations with little or no guidance
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail
Basic knowledge of computer applications
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
Requires work out in the elements. Temperatures, as well as humidity, fluctuate in accordance with the season. Mostly outside work will be required as well. The Field Services Technician can be exposed to direct sunlight, high winds, rain, and extreme heat during the summer months. This position will require work at heights via ladders, man-lifts, and other personnel equipment. Work time and hours vary based on the needs of customer schedules.
At any time, Field Services Technician may need to enter the areas where noise levels range from moderate noise (indoor office noise) to very loud (gasoline engines, metal fabrication). HEARING PROTECTION IS REQUIRED. There is also a risk of eye injury caused by flying particles. EYE PROTECTION IS REQUIRED. Material moving via overhead crane also poses head injury dangers. HARD HAT IS REQUIRED. Safety shoes are required as well due to the risk of foot injury from falling materials.
Field Services Technician is required to stand or walk about 70% of the time. He/She will be required to sit, kneel, crouch, climb, stoop, and/or crawl. Field Services Technician is required to use his/her hands for a variety of tasks including, but not limited moving materials, carrying boxes, etc. Field Services Technician must be able to comfortably and safely work at heights.
Field Services Technician is required to lift boxes, totes, and other miscellaneous items. Approximately 75% of the time, boxes, totes, and miscellaneous items which are handled by hand, weigh 50 lbs. or less.
Flexible Lifeline Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital or veteran status, place of national origin or other categories protected by law.