Flexible Lifeline Systems, the industry leader in turnkey fall protection solutions, is seeking an experienced sales professional to join our team as a Business Development Specialist. Fall Protection is the fastest growing segment in the personal protective equipment market. Recent updates and changes to OSHA regulations ensure continued market growth for many years to come. The ideal candidate will be a results-driven, growth-oriented, and self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills.
Why Flexible Lifeline Systems?
- Generous amount of business development tools and resources available.
- Competitive base salary plus performance-based bonus.
- Support from and for experienced and highly motivated outside sales team.
- Well established industry leader with global presence.
- Small company environment with big company infrastructure.
What makes this job awesome?
As a Business Development Specialist, you will support substantial business growth by generating a high volume of
quality leads to be actioned by the outside sales team. This will be achieved by calling directly on and connecting with
safety and business professionals across a wide array of industries. Additional advantages include:
- Clear goals and expectations for performance are set and measured.
- Entry level opportunity with career path to outside sales and beyond.
- Self-directed workflow.
- Build a career with a company that produces life-saving solutions and services.
- B2B selling to Fortune 1000 level companies in the industrial, aviation and commercial markets.
- Achieve the assigned activities both daily and monthly for calls and emails, as well as other business development related activities.
- Meet goals for leads generated, leads transferred, and contributions to orders.
- Properly qualify leads and communicates with members of the Outside Sales Team
- Utilize interpersonal skills to develop rapport and warm leads with contacts provided.
- Employ professional tools to research, discover and create leads.
- Transition qualified leads to Outside Sales Team via Hand-Off Process
- Work with Management Team to develop new strategies to continually improve Business Development process
- Consistently track, enter, and manage the lead database in CRM system.
- Support Outside Sales Team to ensure leads are tasked appropriately.
- Coordinate with Marketing on targeted campaigns and resource development
- Perform market research to target companies for strategic Business Development platforms.
- Develop scripts and strategies for outbound Business Development activities
- Produce reports on overall Business Development Activities to Sales Manager
- Attend periodic client visits with Sales Manager and/or Outside Sales Team
- Perform other specific tasks as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Education – Minimum: High School Diploma or GED | Preferred: Bachelors or Associates Degree
- Experience: 2 years of related work experience
- Preferred Training: Sales Process / Business Development / B2B Selling
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Organized & Diligent
- Effective Time Management
- Resilient Mindset
- Positive Mental Outlook
- Knowledge of Online/CRM/Cloud Based Tools for Business Development
Location & Travel Requirements
- Location: Houston Office and/or Remotely
- Travel Requirements: Minimal (Less than 10%)
- Available to work normal business hours (M-F 8am-5pm) & additional hours as assigned.
- Willing to attend Training & Development courses for future growth.
- Candidates will be required to pass drug screening and background investigation.
- At the occasional visit to a customer site, the employee may be required to wear personal protective equipment including steel-toed boots, hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection and/or respirators.
- Competitive Base Salary + Commission/Bonus
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
Flexible Lifeline Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital or veteran status, place of national origin or other categories protected by law.